This workshop is designed for senior students of ENVD at CU Boulder. In this workshop, students will learn about obtaining and analyzing GIS data for site analysis.
Download the data from this link: Data
- download the data and extract the zipped folder on your computer (not in the Desktop; in the scratch drive)
- find the city boundary.
- select parcels and buildings inside the city boundary and export them.
- Create a new layer and draw the site boundary
- Create a new building layer and digitize the buildings in your site
- adding attribute fields to the parcel and building layers
- Creating buffer around the bus stops
- transferring variables from one layer to another layer
- Land use classification
- Census data mapping